MIU HQ, Imphal, August 2021
Applications are invited for admission from eligible scholars of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Research Program ( Full Time/Part Time) in all subjects for the year 2021. The duration of the program will be minimum 3 years and maximum 5 years.
Eligibility, qualification, selection and award criteria strictly as per UGC Regulations. Admission shall be on the merit and through online entrance examination and online interview.
A Ph.D. program is offered in two modes- Full time and Part time and not in a distance learning mode. Hence, coursework, participation in various interactions, submission of progress reports through presentations etc. on regular basis is mandatory during the program. The whole program will be conducted through Hybrid mode.
A Full-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time for completing the requirements of the program and a part- time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of his time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging his official / employment obligations.
Part time Candidates should ensure they have adequate facilities/ required infrastructural set up at their work- place or at their residence which is conducive to research.
MIU encourages interdisciplinary research and exchange of ideas and knowledge in various related fields. Consequently, scholars may appoint an external Co-Guide from their side, as per university rules. The main Guide for the scholar during the Ph.D. program will be from MIU, appointed as per the research topic and Guide availability. Ph.D. Full time enthusiasts have the scope to work as research fellows in the various ongoing prestigious research projects in the university.
- Candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. must apply online only. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Applicants in their final semester/ year of post graduation may also apply subject to clearing the graduation before commencement of the program.
- Merely submission of an application form does not constitute a claim for an offer date for the selection procedure or admission to the program. The form may be rejected due to deficiency in the supporting documents, not following the prescribed procedures or any other valid reason.
- An Application Form Number is generated on submission of the application form which will be required for future reference. A mail will be sent to the applicant in this regard on the registered email-id along with official receipt.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average in qualifying examination as indicated below:
- The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s. Relaxations applicable as per rules.
- Applicants with necessary Qualification from ICAI/ ICWAI/ ICSI with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade may be considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programs in the relevant field.
Exemption from Online Ph.D. Entrance Test:
Only those candidates who have cleared/passed M.Phil degree from any recognized University or having passed any national Level Competitive Examination like NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE / DST – INSPIRE/ SET/ IET/ JRF/ SRF etc., and all those civil servants presently working with the State/Central Government shall be exempted from the written test of the Ph.D. Selection Process and they will be required to appear for the Interview round only. For consideration of exemption you will be asked for a scanned copy of the issued certificate / or identification card issued by the concerned authority by an email. Exempted Candidates will receive a message of exemption and those who do not receive such a message will be required to appear for PET (Ph.D. Entrance Test).
Selection Process Details:
The Entrance Test shall be of one and half hour duration (i.e. 90 minutes) and of 100 marks consisting of 100 objective type of questions.
All questions with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 1 Mark. No negative marking system.
The Entrance Test will have two Sections (administered in one go), as mentioned here under.
SECTION 1 – GENERAL
Section 1 shall be common to all candidates for testing their aptitude in research by covering questions from following areas for research methodology:
50 Questions of 1 mark each
SECTION 2 – SUBJECT SPECIFIC
Section 2 shall be Program / Subject Specific as per proposed Ph.D. program of the applicant.
This section shall be divided into two parts – 25 questions shall be purely from the PhD Program subject & 25 questions from either the PhD Program subject or any offered allied field. Difficulty level is UGC-CSIR-NET, GATE etc./ Masters level of the subject.
50 Questions of Master’s level of 1 mark each
INTERVIEW BY FACULTY RESEARCH COMMITTEE (FRC)
Schedule of PhD admission process of MIU for the year 2021
- Announcement and Release of advertisement in News Papers: Starting from 30th August 2021 (Monday)
- Commencement of filling Online Application Forms: 30th August 2021(Monday)
- Last date for filling Online Application Forms: Extended upto 25th September 2021 (Saturday)
- Date of Online Ph.D. Entrance Test: To be informed separately.
- Online Interview of the applicant: To be informed separately
- Selection & Issue of Provisional admission list and letters to Ph.D. Programme: To be informed Separately
- Document Verification & Payment of fees : To be informed separately
- Ph.D. Induction Programme: As may be notified by the University
Interested candidates may submit their application only by online at https://www.miu.ac/apply-with-us-form/ on or before 25th of September 2021.
The application fee for PhD is INR. 1000/- only which has to be paid via UPI address of the University which is: fcbizmanipurintuni@freecharge
The payment receipt should be uploaded while submitting the application form.
- International Curriculum and highly qualified faculty / mentors with hybrid mode of education.
- Guidance and support for publication of research with high ranking international journals.
- Access to International Journals and special oriental library for research.
- Aspirational Research Oriented University under New Education Policy 2020.
- Scholarship for meritorious students and special quota for working professionals and civil servants.
- Option to opt for Dual Degree from a choice of International Universities from Europe, America and Asia.
- Access to Complete Career Building Program, placement assistance and National/ International Internship/patent filing opportunities for the meritorious students.
- 4000+ choice courses and additional certification opportunity from 150+ International Universities through CourseraTM Online Platform for every research scholar.
Manipur International University (MIU),
Airport Road, Ghari Awang Leikai, Imphal,
Imphal West, Manipur – 795140, India
In case of any difficulty or concern they may contact the University by an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whatsapp us : +91 9036983337. Facebook Link:- https://www.facebook.com/ManipurInternationalUniversity