An Autonomous State International University established and recognised by the State Government of Manipur. Established by the Manipur International University Act, 2018 (Act No. 2 of 2019) of the State Legislature. It is recognised and listed by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India. Declared as an “International University of Excellence and an “Institution of State Importance” by the State.
Registration Open for PhD Winter Batch -2022
- Applications are invited for admission from eligible scholars of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Research Program ( Full Time/Part Time) in the following subjects for the year 2022. The duration of the program will be minimum 3 years and maximum 5 years.
- Eligibility, qualification, selection and award criteria strictly as per UGC Regulations. Admission shall be on the merit and through online entrance examination and online interview.
Offered Subject List :
- Computer Science
- Food Technology
- Defence Studies
- Environmental Science
- Home Science
- A Ph.D. program is offered in two modes- Full time and Part time and not in a distance learning mode. Hence, coursework, participation in various interactions, submission of progress reports through presentations etc. on regular basis is mandatory during the program. The whole program will be conducted through Hybrid mode.
- A Full-time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time for completing the requirements of the program and a part- time Ph.D. scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of his time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging his official / employment obligations.
Part time Candidates should ensure they have adequate facilities/ required infrastructural set up at their work- place or at their residence which is conducive to research.
MIU encourages interdisciplinary research and exchange of ideas and knowledge in various related fields. Consequently, scholars may appoint an external Co-Guide from their side, as per university rules. The main Guide for the scholar during the Ph.D. program will be from MIU, appointed as per the research topic and Guide availability. Ph.D. Full time enthusiasts have the scope to work as research fellows in the various ongoing prestigious research projects in the university.
- Candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. must apply online only. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Applicants in their final semester/ year of post graduation may also apply subject to clearing the graduation before commencement of the program.
- Merely submission of an application form does not constitute a claim for an offer date for the selection procedure or admission to the program. The form may be rejected due to deficiency in the supporting documents, not following the prescribed procedures or any other valid reason.
- An Application Form Number is generated on submission of the application form which will be required for future reference. A mail will be sent to the applicant in this regard on the registered email-id along with official receipt.
Eligibility criteria for Admission :
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average in qualifying examination as indicated below:
- The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D Program shall normally be a two years Master’s from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s. Relaxations applicable as per rules.
- Applicants with necessary Qualification from ICAI/ ICWAI/ ICSI with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade may be considered eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programs in the relevant field.
Exemption from Online Ph.D. Entrance Test:
Only those candidates who have cleared/passed M.Phil degree from any recognized University or having passed any national Level Competitive Examination like NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE / DST – INSPIRE/ SET/ IET/ JRF/ SRF etc., and all those civil servants presently working with the State/Central Government or in private service for more than three years shall be exempted from the written test of the Ph.D. Selection Process and they will be required to appear for the Interview round only. For consideration of exemption you will be asked for a scanned copy of the issued certificate / or identification card issued by the concerned authority by an email. Exempted Candidates will receive a message of exemption and those who do not receive such a message will be required to appear for PET (Ph.D. Entrance Test).
Selection Process Details:
The Entrance Test shall be of one and half hour duration (i.e. 90 minutes) and of 100 marks consisting of 100 objective type of questions.
All questions with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 1 Mark. No negative marking system.
The Entrance Test will have two Sections (administered in one go), as mentioned here under.
PhD admission process of MIU for the year 2022
- Commencement of filling Online Application from 11th October
- Last date for filling Online Application Forms: 15th November 2022
- Date of Online Ph.D. Entrance Test: To be informed separately.
- Online Interview of the applicant: To be informed separately
- Selection & Issue of Provisional admission list and letters to Ph.D. Programme: To be informed Separately
- Document Verification & Payment of fees : To be informed separately
- Ph.D. Induction Programme: As may be notified by the University
Note: Registration fee of Rs.1000 are subjected to pay by following payment mode:
- Fee Payment Option: By upi, By Account Transfer, Via POS Swiping Machine kept at the office, or By Cheque.
- UPI address of the University which is: fcbizmanipurintuni@freecharge
- Scan the QR code below for Googlepay, Phonepay, Paytm and any UPI transfer.
- Or you can pay using Account number upon request of account details.
******** The Payment Receipt should upload with the registration form*******
- In case of any difficulty or concern they may contact the University by an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whatsapp us : +91 9036983337 / 8974399028
- Facebook Link : https://www.facebook.com/ManipurInternationalUniversity
- Call Us : 8899788788
- International Curriculum and highly qualified faculty / mentors with hybrid mode of education.
- Guidance and support for publication of research with high ranking international journals.
- Access to International Journals and special oriental library for research.
- Aspirational Research Oriented University under New Education Policy 2020.
- Scholarship for meritorious students and special quota for working professionals and civil servants.
- Option to opt for Dual Degree from a choice of International Universities from Europe, America and Asia.
- Access to Complete Career Building Program, placement assistance and National/ International Internship/patent filing opportunities for the meritorious students.
- 9500+ choice courses and additional certification opportunity from 400+ International Universities through CourseraTM Online Platform for every research scholar.
- LAST CHANCE OF ADMISSION INTO PHD WITHOUT NET EXAM.
- As per UGC Guidelines 2022
- LATE DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION 15TH NOVEMBER 2022